Your 7 easy steps to renovation success with Alpha1 Builders
1. Contact Us
This is the first opportunity for you to tell us about your project, and for us to ask you some detailed questions. That way we get a good understanding of what you want to achieve. We then send out our dream home inspiration pack which has all sorts of useful tips, check lists & information relevant to your build.
2. Design to Dream home session
Paul Bateman (owner) will visit you to discuss your building project, taking you through how we will create the dream home that you deserve. During this session he will cover all of the big topics involved in your building project.
- Timeframes, when to start, how long will it take.
- Plans, Council and what consents will you need, how to apply and how the process works.
- Pricing, what sort of costs to expect and what type of contract will best suit you and your project.
- Project management of your job, who does what, when, where and why.
- Materials, claddings, fittings and fixtures, paint, interior designers, so many choices! Where to start.
3. Plans & Design
We are more than happy to arrange pricing from your existing plans, or offer you the complete design & build package which happens in the following order;
- We transfer your thoughts and dreams onto paper with our reputable architects, and concept plans are drawn.
- Ball park pricing is given to ensure that your dream home is financially achievable.
- Consent plans are drawn.
- Consent ready plans are fully costed in our detailed cost breakdown, detailing all aspects of your project. Not only do we painstakingly price for every planned detail of your project, but we also employ a trusted quantity surveyor to ensure that we are literally 'on the money' with your costing. There are fees to cover the QS and pricing administration required.
- Budget is agreed upon and plans are sent to the council for approval.
4. Estimated cost break downs vs fixed price
We offer both, but we recommend estimated cost break downs over fixed price builds. Here's why...
There's no cushion added:
With an estimated cost break down you only pay for what is needed, not a cent more. Fixed price contracts have an added contingency of at least 15% built into the costings to allow for any unforeseen works during your build. This amount cannot be reclaimed, even when there are no unexpected surprises.
Charge up contracts are more transparent:
Alongside your invoices, you receive a copy of every receipt, for every dollar spent on all materials, sub-contractors, and labour completed to date. All trade rates are shown.
You have more flexibility:
With a charge up contract you are able to keep your job progressing whilst changes are made, offering more creative freedom. Of course any changes will be discussed at the time so that you are aware of the best options and any potential impact they may have on the overall budget.
Both options are priced in the same way, with the added security of a 3rd party quantity surveyor. Talk to us today to see which is best for you.
5. Confirmation and start of job
Upon starting the job we provide you with a comprehensive Master Builders 10 Year Guarantee Application Form & a Schedule of Works outlining time frames and stages of work, along with your unique log in code for your online scheduling programme.
6. Job Progression
Our custom built scheduling programme allows you easy access to your job information. This gives you 100% assurance that your build is on track at all times in both budget and time frames leaving no room for guess work. We will meet with you weekly during the course of your build too.
7. Job Completion
Once final council inspection has been obtained, we will go through your build to ensure every box has been ticked and once you are fully satisfied with the results, we will provide you with the guarantees, certifications and information relating to your job. Last but not least, we will arrange a commercial clean of your home so you can best enjoy it.